Salary Range: $44.77- $64.48 per hour (pending experience)
Position: Primary Teacher - Music
Classification: Part-Time, 3 hours per week each Friday
Start Date: Term 2 2020 Monday 20th April 2020 until Friday 4th December 2020
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Colman's School, Home Hill is a co-educational Catholic school in Home Hill offering Prep to Year 6. St Colman’s offers a small school environment and is an integral part of the St Colman's Parish, promoting the Gospel values built on the foundations of Catholic tradition.
The school’s friendly atmosphere and dedicated staff nurture each child's spiritual, intellectual, physical, social and emotional growth, providing students with a holistic education that develops their potential in a range of areas. Teachers embrace ‘best practice' and the latest initiatives to educate children according to a multi-age philosophy, whilst also considering each child's unique abilities and needs. St Colman's supportive and welcoming atmosphere is the foundation for great partnerships and relationships with parents and the Home Hill community.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a passionate and driven Primary Teacher - Music to teach Prep to Year 6 for 3 hours per week each Friday commencing from Term 2 20th April 2020 until 4th December 2020.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Established knowledge of, and experience in, curriculum initiatives
- Highly developed collaborative or distributed leadership skills that will enable and empower others to collaborate effectively to achieve the outcomes
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCoT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive hourly rate starting from $44.77- $64.48 (pending experience)
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Upload your current resume including referee's
- Complete a covering letter outlining your reasons for the application of the position and your suitability for the position you are applying for.
Applications close 4pm Friday 6th March 2020.