Primary Teacher (KS1 and KS2) required for September 2019 or earlier by mutual agreement at Qatar Petroleum Schools based in Mesaieed.
Are you an outstanding Primary practitioner, passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of children? If so, we have a unique opportunity for an ambitious, highly motivated teacher to join one of our fast developing schools, both committed to shaping the future by providing a high quality, international education for all our young people.
The post includes excellent prospects with potential for opportunities in middle leadership.
As the education arm of Qatar Petroleum, we are searching for outstanding professionals who are eager to work for a company who are world leaders in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Our schools are internationally focused and both are seen as important hubs for the communities they serve, educating approximately 1250 children from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 30 different nationalities and 50 languages. The schools enjoy state-of-the-art purpose built premises that are well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant Primary curriculum, which has the English National Curriculum and QP values at its heart.
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that places high value on learning, enjoyment and the well-being of all our students. To help deliver this we are seeking top quality Key Stage 1 and 2 professionals with excellent experience and references who will:
- Use in-depth knowledge of the 2014 National Curriculum to provide a relevant and challenging learning experience for all students
- Understand how to fulfil the needs of young learners, many of whom have a home language other than English, ensuring they can become secure learners ready to independently access the curriculum
- Develop young people who are uniquely aware of themselves as learners and the potential role they have in contributing to an increasingly connected global world
- Have knowledge and experience of using innovative pedagogical approaches within planning, teaching and learning
- Can engage Teaching Assistants in the observation and teaching process, ensuring both quality of input to children and accurate recording of achievement throughout
- Use their knowledge and experience of educational programs and practices such as Target Tracker, GL Assessment Suite, White Rose Maths and Read Write Inc
- Provide language rich learning environments to ensure rapid English language acquisition
- Ensure the children are cared for in a happy, safe and stimulating environment
- Maintain accurate formative and summative assessment records that link to all learning
- Provide critical analysis of the progress, intervention and achievement for all children
- Actively participate in and offer areas of staff CPD
We are a newly established school, 8 years old, operating within purpose built premises that are well equipped to support excellent teaching and learning opportunities across a broad and balanced curriculum.
The school has an amazing international ethos and is honoured to be at the centre of our Mesaieed community, educating approximately 1400 children from 3 to 18 years of age, representing over 40 different nationalities.
In return for your passion in ensuring a dynamic and high quality education, successful candidates will be employed by Qatar Petroleum. You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including generous tax-free salaries, free accommodation and utilities, interest free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares, paid school holidays and excellent sporting and leisure facilities.
If you would like to join our team and make a real difference to the education of our children, please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, to:
Please apply immediately with a one page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph, and should include the following information for VISA purposes.
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Your Nationality 4) No of dependents 5) If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children 6) QTS Status
Please send your letter of application, your CV and a recent photograph to QP.firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please call Penny Kontopyrghou on +44 (0)20 7259 8771 or +447595 968 600.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.
Mesaieed International School is part of Qatar Petroleum who have another school within Qatar. Please note that your application could be considered for this school.