Cambridge Academy Ethiopia
Welcome to Cambridge Academy Ethiopia, an international school completing its first year of operation in the beautiful Ethiopian city of Addis Ababa. We aim to provide our students with an international experience that is unique, not just in Addis Ababa but across Ethiopia. We draw upon the best aspects of the British curriculum and blend it with modern, theme based, experiential learning all whilst meeting our local community needs. The school opened last year, welcoming children from Nursery to Year 10 and has grown into a good, international school with over 300 students. We are, however, ready to move into the next phase of our development which will see an increase in the development of our teaching and learning alongside the continued growth of our facilities and resources. These improvements are designed to enable us to move from being a good international school to an outstanding one that reflects the community and the stakeholders we represent.
Our ambition is for our school to be a hub for the local community where we offer, not only a first-class education, but also place for parents to meet, enjoy our rich array of facilities and to grow with the school, in partnership, as part of a wider Addis Ababa community.
Our students are taught by highly qualified teachers with excellent English, a passion for providing the best learning experiences and teaching children to grow and develop as independent learners. The strong emphasis we place on experiences outside of the traditional classroom and opportunities outside of school, both locally and internationally. At the heart of our school is a focus on individual, regional, national, and international values where a love of learning, discipline and mutual respect are paramount.
Ethiopia is Africa's oldest independent country and its second largest in terms of population. It has a unique cultural heritage, being the home of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church - one of the oldest Christian denominations.
Addis Ababa is a modern African city and the capital city of Ethiopia and the African Union and is often called the "African Capital" due to its historical, diplomatic, and political significance for the continent. It is in the geographic centre of the country. A greenbelt of forests and semi-subsistence cultivated land surrounds the city. This historically significant city in its enchanting mountain setting is recognized as one of the world’s most fascinating and beautiful cities. Addis Ababa was a symbol of African independence throughout the continent's colonial period and was a founder member of the United Nations and is the African base for many international organisations.
Cambridge Academy Ethiopia is looking to appoint an exceptional, fully qualified, Primary Class Teacher to join the Primary School teaching team. You will be assigned to either a KS1 or a KS2 class, based on your interest and experience.
Due to a significant increase in interest in the school and anticipated student numbers growth, we are seeking an accomplished, ambitious and adventurous teacher who has excellent classroom practice, a secure understanding of the UK National Curriculum and significant experience of teaching in a UK curriculum school.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implement agreed school policies and guidelines.
- Support initiatives decided by the Principal and staff.
- Plan appropriately to meet the needs of all students, through differentiation of tasks.
- Be able to set clear targets, based on prior attainment, for students’ learning.
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment, where all students can access resources appropriately.
- Keep appropriate and efficient records, integrating formative and summative assessment into weekly and term planning.
- Report to parents on the development, progress and attainment of students.
- Maintain good order and discipline amongst students, in accordance with the school's behaviour policy.
- Communicate and co-operate with specialists from outside agencies.
- Lead, organise and direct support staff within the classroom.
For successful candidates, a competitive salary and benefits package are offered including an internationally competitive salary, school provided accommodation, medical insurance, annual flight allowance and end of service gratuity.
Cambridge Academy Ethiopia
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 16 years