Primary Class Teacher – KS2
Required from June 2021
Qualified teacher pay scale: T1 – T9
£25,714 - £41,604
Full time (1.0 FTE)
Fixed Term Maternity Cover
Are you passionate about helping every child succeed and improve their life chances?
Are you prepared to work collaboratively for the benefit of young people?
Will you offer children the opportunity to experience “life in all its fullness” by doing what it takes, no matter what their starting point or social challenges?
If so, Bolton St Catherine’s Academy would love to hear from you!
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as we witness the hard work invested into our Key Stage 4 outcomes improving in line with our excellent primary and 6th form phases. In 2018 we joined the then recently formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust, providing a great opportunity to work closely with the two outstanding schools in the MAT - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, sharing good practice and building on the much-needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over these past two years.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
• A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
• A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
Being able to work across primary KS2, the successful candidate will have a passion for collaboration and a commitment to ensuring each child reaches his or her potential. The post is suitable for an enthusiastic, creative and caring teacher who will be able to deliver outstanding outcomes for our primary aged children.
We are looking for a qualified or soon to be qualified teacher who will:
• be a highly effective practitioner or demonstrate the potential to be so, having a clear understanding of the characteristics of high-quality teaching and able to teach across the whole ability range
• quickly build rapport and effective professional relationships with both pupils and colleagues
• motivate children to work hard and try their best through passing on to them their infectious enthusiasm and passion for learning!
• actively share good practice and seek to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
• work hard to ensure all pupils make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
• understand that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
• demonstrate personal resilience and role model those personal qualities we wish to instill in our young people
In return we can offer:
• fantastic facilities
• a supportive and encouraging staff team
• a laptop to use whilst in employment
• a rigorous and motivational programme of continuous professional development
• opportunities to work collaboratively with secondary colleagues
• a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
• 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
• access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
• a lunch allowance for colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
• a long weekend at the end of November
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the Head of our Primary phase, Gareth Watson firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please complete the TES online application form, ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application or work history may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Friday 26th February 2021
Bolton St Catherine's Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 19 years