Established in 2005, Gulf British Academy is an independent, co-educational, BSO-accredited school that has just relocated to state-of-the-art, purpose-built premises - a reflection of the school’s educational ambition.
Presently, GBA caters for pupils from Pre-KG to Year 8. We aim to add a new year group every year until we become a fully 3-18 school. This rapid growth provides a wide range of opportunities for professional development and in-house promotion.
We are currently seeking qualified, proactive primary teachers for positions across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2. We pride ourselves on welcoming new ideas and value the opinions of all staff on our journey of constant improvement. This post would suit NQTs or more experienced teachers.
In return for your service, we offer an excellent package for overseas, qualified employees that includes:
- A generous tax-free salary
- Annual flight allowance to and from your home country
- Furnished air-conditioned accommodation or housing allowance
- End-of-service indemnity
- Discounted tuition fees for employees bringing their children
What you offer
You will be an organised, creative teacher able to engage, inspire and extend our pupils’ learning through planning, preparation and delivery of high quality lessons. You are a self-reflective practitioner with the ability to instil confidence in learners, foster independent working and encourage them to adopt enquiry-based ways of learning and knowing.
- Qualified Teacher Status: A degree-level qualification in teaching (e.g. PGCE or Bachelor’s in Education)
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Recent UK teaching experience or international experience within a British curriculum-based school - preferably BSO accredited.
- A clean, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and/or police check
- Effective communication skills to build good relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues
- Middle school experience
- Knowledge of teaching strategies/schemes of learning such as those by Alan Peat, Pie Corbett and White Rose Maths
- Familiarity with initiatives such as Philosophy for Children and Growth Mindset
- Competent IT skills and experience of GSuite for Education (Google Drive, Docs, Classroom, etc) and other platforms (i.e. ClassDojo, Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
How to apply
Email your application directly to: email@example.com
Your email must include your:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover letter or letter of application
- Recent photograph
- Two referees (name, phone number, professional relationship to you)
Applications are considered upon receipt and interviews take place during the recruitment process. We therefore encourage early applications well before the closing date.
Closing Date: Thursday 25th February 2021
Interviews will be conducted by video-conference (Skype, Meet, Zoom etc) or telephone.
If you do not hear back from us after 5 working days, please presume that you have not been successful.
Gulf British Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Gulf British Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2.5 - 13 years