The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking a lively, dynamic primary teacher to join a team of hard working and well-motivated professionals who work cooperatively and imaginatively using the National Curriculum and the Foundation Stage Curriculum as their framework. We are specifically looking for a teacher who will contribute to the further development of our dynamic school, our creative curriculum and can add to the existing vision and already very high academic standards. Classroom practice needs to be exemplary with experience of target setting for students, and use of student data to track progress.
The successful candidate will:
• be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognized in the UK through the NARIC process;
• very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
• put students at the heart of the education process;
• fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
• commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
• possess strong ICT skills preferably with IWB experience;
• believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
• have good interpersonal skills; work well in teams and have an abundance of emotional intelligence;
• be reflective and seek to develop their classroom practice;
• be focused on creativity and the process of learning; as well as promoting independence in children through a learner centred approach;
• have an understanding of AfL practice in the classroom;
• be adaptable, seek new challenges & professional experiences;
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/1995
and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 19th September 2019
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa