When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site, they belong to the Whitley Academy Community. In this community, we build meaningful relationships based on trust and mutual respect. Our classrooms, corridors and the school environment are safe spaces where nobody is judged and everyone is valued. In our community, we are proud of our school and committed to supporting all staff and students to “be the best you can be”.
For a September 2019 start (or earlier by negotiation), we are seeking an inspirational and highly motivated teacher to join our successful and pioneering KS3 Opening Minds team. You will be joining a very well-resourced department with an outstanding local and National reputation. This would be an exciting opportunity for an NQT or an early career-stage teacher from a KS2 or a middle/secondary school setting. You will be an effective team member whose input will contribute positively to our innovative curriculum practice with students in Y7.
The successful candidate must be:
- Keen to teach KS3 core and humanities subjects in a model similar to primary,
- Excited about teaching and learning through our skills and competences based curriculum model,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues,
- Values driven and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme, fostering excellence in teaching and learning, free parking, a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
This post would be suitable for an early career stage teacher interested in developing their T&L expertise in an exciting, outward-looking school or for a more experienced practitioner with an interest in developing their wider subject knowledge. Applications from primary or secondary phase practitioners are welcomed, as are informal visits to the school.
Completed applications should be returned to: email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 22nd February 2019 at 9.00am
Interview date: TBC WB 25th February 2019
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to the safeguarding of and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).