The British School of Yangon (BSY) is one of the leading international schools in Yangon offering contemporary British international education to students from Pre-Nursery through to Secondary.
The school is located close to Inya Lake on the Yangon-Insein Road, and offers modern, smart interior and exterior learning environments. BSY is now a member of Nord Anglia Education offering numerous opportunities for professional growth.
BSY seeks an energetic and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our school. The role is to ensure the welfare and wellbeing of pupils and assist the teacher to provide a high standard of education to the pupils of the school. The successful candidate will demonstrate a caring and flexible attitude when working with pupils. Candidates should also illustrate a capacity to help pupils achieve their absolute best.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Enjoys a professionally-stimulating environment.
- Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
- Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
- Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
- Is committed to constant improvement in all aspects of school life.
- Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
- Understands the value of consistent application of school policies.
We will provide:
- A competitive salary
- Shared accommodation.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of Nord Anglia Education.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the link below and interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates in Yangon/by Skype for applicants based overseas.
BSY is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with past employers, and an enhanced DBS.