BELMONT St Francis Xavier's Primary School
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
Part-time temporary primary teaching position at St Francis Xavier's Primary School, Belmont.
FTE: 0.2 temporary teacher with the ability to teach Creative Arts, Music, Dance and Drama
• a relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
• ability to teach in the primary curriculum area K-6.
• high level knowledge of the relevant key learning area (K-6) and a proven capacity to improve student learning.
• high quality classroom teaching skills in the area of ES1 - 3 which enable students with a diverse range of needs to achieve their full potential.
• exemplary values and attitudes appropriate to professional practice and the intellectual, physical and social development of students.
• ability to successfully implement and evaluate curriculum initiatives in accordance with curriculum and standards framework.
• demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning.
• commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team.
• high level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers.
• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained primary teacher
• record current NESA and Working With Children number on application.
• evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Friday 18 October, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Francis Xavier's Primary School
PO Box 206
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae should address the criteria as outlined above and include the contact details as well as after hour contacts for other referees.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.