|Location||CHISHOLM St Aloysius Catholic Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Description||St Aloysius Catholic Primary School, Chisholm is seeking a temporary full time teacher join the team.
Maternity Leave Replacement.
As the diocese newest primary school and an integral part of the Immaculate Conception Parish Morpeth, St Aloysius Catholic Primary School, Chisholm aims to build a positive, faith-filled learning culture where students grow both in their faith and as confident, courageous and collaborative learners.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• Practising Catholic with a current Parish Priest Reference (Primary and Religion Teachers);
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice;
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment;
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills;
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Friday 26 February, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Grant Diggins (Grant.Diggins@mn.catholic.edu.au)||4088 8030|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume. Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal and one must be their parish priest. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. Note: Applicants shortlisted for interview will be required to prepare a 10 minute presentation demonstrating the integration of Contemporary Learning practices into their classroom. *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*|
St Aloysius Catholic Primary School