|Location||DENMAN St Joseph's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Full Time|
|Description||St Joseph’s Primary School, Denman is seeking a temporary full-time Primary Teacher to join the team from Term 1, 2022.
St Joseph’s Primary School is located in the small, thriving Upper Hunter town of Denman. Our School offers quality Catholic education for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 from the areas of Denman, Martindale, Sandy Hollow, Bureen and Jerrys Plains. St Joseph's is an open and caring community where social justice, honesty, compassion and love are nurtured and valued. Our school community is built on an active partnership between the parents, school and local Parish and curriculum differentiation ensures that the needs of all students are catered for at all levels.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
You acknowledge and agree to work within the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
|Essential Criteria||• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice;
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment;
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Wednesday 29 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Helen Whale (firstname.lastname@example.org)||6547 2496|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Helen Whale at email@example.com
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including their contact details, one of whom must be their current principal.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
• Preferred applicants will be asked to participate in orientation processes, including a formation conversation, following the interview, to introduce them to the local Parish context and the culture of the Catholic school Applications Close: Wednesday 29th September 2021 at 3.30pm
St Joseph’s Primary School