|Location||DENMAN St Joseph's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||St Joseph’s Primary School, Denman is seeking a temporary part time 0.4 FTE Primary teacher to join the team from Term 1, 2022. This will be made up 0.2 FTE Assistant Principal release and a 0.2 FTE job share arrangement on class with the Assistant Principal.
St Joseph’s Primary School is located in the small, thriving Upper Hunter town of Denman. Our School offers quality Catholic education for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 from the areas of Denman, Martindale, Sandy Hollow, Bureen and Jerrys Plains. St Joseph's is an open and caring community where social justice, honesty, compassion and love are nurtured and valued. Our school community is built on an active partnership between the parents, school and local Parish and curriculum differentiation ensures that the needs of all students are catered for at all levels
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• Catholic, with the ability to articulate a personal commitment to Catholic Education
• Willingness to actively support the Catholic identity of the school
• Ability to plan, prepare and monitor the impact of contemporary and compliant teaching programs and assessments that meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; encouraging them to work towards higher levels of academic achievement
• Capacity to collaborate with colleagues, utilising classroom assessment, relevant school data and current research to support attainment of the school vision and improvement initiatives
• Demonstrate an innovative, reflective and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain respectful relationships with students, colleagues, families, parish and external agencies to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four-year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Wednesday 29 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Helen Whale (firstname.lastname@example.org)||6547 2496|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Helen Whale at email@example.com
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including their contact details, one of whom must be their current principal.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
• Preferred applicants will be asked to participate in orientation processes, including a formation conversation, following the interview, to introduce them to the local Parish context and the culture of the Catholic school Applications Close: Wednesday 29th September 2021 at 3.30pm
St Joseph’s Primary School