|Location||EDGEWORTH St Benedict's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Temporary Part Time|
|Description||St Benedict's Primary School, Edgeworth is seeking a temporary part time 0.6 FTE Primary teacher to join the team for 2021.
At St Benedict's Primary School, Edgeworth, we have a clear vision and purpose to be recognised as a school focusing on high quality teaching and learning. Our ultimate aim is to provide each student with the best education and equip them with skills to adapt and flourish within a constantly changing world.
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• Practising Catholic with a current Parish Priest Reference (Primary and Religion Teachers);
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs in your nominated areas which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice;
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment;
• Proven ability to work with Stage 3 students.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively use a variety of writing strategies to improve student outcomes;
• Demonstrated understanding of the case management approach to monitor student improvement;
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Sunday 28 February, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Mark Hornby-Howell (email@example.com)||4958 1858|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||• To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume.
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal In addition this position requires a parish priest reference.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• Applications Close: Sunday 28th February 2021 at 11.59PM
• *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
St Benedict’s Primary School