MAYFIELD St Dominic's Centre
Vacancy TypeTemporary Part Time
Part-time temporary teaching position at St Dominic's Primary School, Mayfield.
•Must be able to fulfil the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Education Accreditation Policy.
•A relevant understanding of the philosophy of Catholic Education.
•Ability to teach in the primary curriculum area K-6.
• Applies comprehensive knowledge and understanding of curriculum assessment and reporting procedures to develop personalized plans which inform classroom programs.
• Demonstrates effective use of specialized teaching strategies to promote learning.
• This position will be a release teacher position, which will require strong communication and collaborative skills. It may include classes across K-6 with students with a range of disabilities and functionality.
• Ability to develop individualized positive behavior supports and plans and respond to critical incidents using MAPA or PART strategies
• Demonstrates capacity to utilize and embed Alternative and Augmentative communication systems to promote communications.
• Demonstrated capacity to reflect critically upon professional practice and commitment to ongoing professional learning.
• Commitment and capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities as a member of the school team.
• High level of communication and interpersonal skills when relating to students, parents and other teachers.
• A relevant understanding and support of the philosophy at Catholic Education.
• Current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on application.
• Be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher
• Qualifications in Special Education and experience teaching students with developmental disabilities, inclusive of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Moderate Cognitive Disability or Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
• Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied.
Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Conditions of EmploymentSalary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.
Monday 09 December, 2019
InstructionsForward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
By email (preferred):
St Dominic's Centre
76 Havelock Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info
Your application should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae and statements addressing the criteria as outlined above.
The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese.
Please email applications to Principal as directed or applications will be received at the school up to 9:00am on the closing date