|Location||DENMAN St Joseph's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Description||St Joseph’s Primary School, Denman is seeking a permanent part-time (0.35FTE) Primary Teacher Librarian to join the team commencing in 2021.
St Joseph’s Primary School is located in the small, thriving Upper Hunter town of Denman. Our School offers quality Catholic education for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 from the areas of Denman, Martindale, Sandy Hollow, Bureen and Jerrys Plains. St Joseph's is an open and caring community where social justice, honesty, compassion and love are nurtured and valued. Our school community is built on an active partnership between the parents, school and local Parish and curriculum differentiation ensures that the needs of all students are catered for at all levels.
|Position Requirements||Teacher Librarians support and implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning.
Within a contemporary learning environment, the role of a Teacher Librarian has two key dimensions:
• teaching and learning
• information and resource management
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
|Essential Criteria||• a personal commitment to the ethos, teachings and practice of the Catholic faith.
• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained primary teacher.
• have completed or will complete (within four years of appointment), a Master of Education (Teacher-Librarianship).
• have experience in working with library systems.
• have demonstrated successful teaching and behaviour management strategies.
• have the ability to design learning opportunities to enhance information processing skills, critical thinking and inquiry learning to deepen student knowledge of curriculum content and information literacy.
• have the ability to select and teach learning outcomes from the NSW English Syllabus and other KLAs as relevant.
• have the ability to manage the Learning Hub space and source an engaging and relevant physical and virtual collection.
• oversee the work of other library personnel, volunteers and external providers, as appropriate, as delegated by the Principal.
• have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
• have the ability to assess and provide feedback on student learning using relevant data.
• applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA ) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category D – Accreditation to teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Desirable Criteria||• have a sound knowledge of ALICE OPAC library software and information technology.
• have the ability to design contemporary and innovative learning opportunities in collaboration with teachers.
• have the ability to model and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies.
• have the ability to develop policies and procedures for the effective use and management of the learning spaces in collaboration with other teachers and relevant staff.
• have the ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with teachers and incorporate technology and information literacy through the KLAs.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with the NSW & ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Monday 25 January, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Helen Whale (email@example.com)||6547 2496|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume and directly to Helen Whale at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal and one must be their parish priest.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process.
• *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*
• Applications close: TBA
• NOTE: An incentive package may be available to the successful applicant.
St Joseph’s Primary School