|Location||GLENDALE Holy Cross Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Description||Holy Cross Primary School, Glendale is seeking a permanent part -time 0.4 FTE Teacher Librarian to join the team for 2022.
Teacher Librarians support and implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning. Within a contemporary learning environment, the role of a Teacher Librarian has two key dimensions:
• teaching and learning
• information and resource management
Holy Cross Primary School, Glendale offers students the highest quality education within the context of a caring Catholic community. Catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6, Holy Cross enrolments draw from the areas of Glendale, Cameron Park, Speers Point, Edgeworth, West Wallsend, Argenton, Cardiff, Macquarie Hills, Toronto, Fletcher and Barnsley.
The school community strives to cater for the goals and aspirations of all students and welcomes the input of its students, parents and friends, and values the connections shared with the school’s parish and broader community. Being a small school there is a strong sense of belonging and working together, and the school recognises its role in developing students who will enter the world as adults who need to be independent thinkers and have the capacity to work through the challenges that they will face.
|Position Requirements||All teachers are expected to meet the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) required by NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA). These Standards are reflected in the attached Position Description for a Teacher Librarian.
The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.
• New Scheme and Returning Teachers are required to be members of NESA.
• Evidence of completion of Anaphylaxis training certificate must be supplied. (https://etraining.allergy.org.au/login/index.php)
• Applicants must have a current Working with Children Clearance number.
• a personal commitment to the ethos, teachings and practice of the Catholic faith.
• be appropriately qualified as a four year trained primary teacher.
• have completed or will complete (within four years of appointment), a Master of Education (Teacher-Librarianship).
• have experience in working with the Oliver library system.
• have demonstrated successful teaching strategies.
• demonstrate experience in development appropriate learning intentions and success criteria for teaching a learning tasks
• support the learning of students with additional needs inclusive of learning, social and behavioural requirements
• enhance information processing skills, critical thinking and inquiry learning to deepen student knowledge of curriculum content and information literacy
• program and teach integrated units of work, inclusive of English outcomes and other KLAs utilising appropriate assessment and feedback strategies in line with the Diocesan Leading Learning Collaborative
• model and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies
• demonstrated capacity to manage the Learning Hub space and source an engaging and relevant physical and virtual collection.
• have well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work as part of the staff team
• applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA ) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category D – Accreditation to teach Religion.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with the NSW & ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Sunday 19 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Debra Hawthorne (email@example.com)||4954 8471|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply:
• Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume. This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single PDF document using applicant's surname as the file name.
• Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal.
• If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal.
• Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. **Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted**
Holy Cross Primary School