|Location||RUTHERFORD St Paul's Primary School|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Part Time|
|Description||Teacher Librarians support and implement a shared vision for their school community to achieve best practice in learning.
Within a contemporary learning environment, the role of a Teacher Librarian has two key dimensions:
• teaching and learning
• information and resource management
|Position Requirements||Teachers in a Catholic school have a unique role to play and are assigned with the task of ensuring each child has the opportunity to grow both academically and spiritually and to live purposeful lives.
The teacher will promote the school as a place of learning and excellence in accordance with contemporary evidence-based learning and wellbeing principles (including digital learning) and will ensure the ongoing development and implementation of pedagogical practices that impact on student learning outcomes.
The Catholic Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle has an abiding commitment to promote the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults - particularly those who participate in the life of the Diocese. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check and, where legislated, hold a Working with Children Check. Diocesan workers are expected to personally adopt and enact the Diocese’s Safeguarding Commitment Statement.
|Essential Criteria||Willingness to actively support the Catholic identity of the school
• Ability to articulate a clear understanding of and a personal commitment to Catholic Education and to actively supporting the Catholic ethos and culture of the school;
• Ability to apply appropriate knowledge in order to plan and prepare contemporary and compliant teaching and learning programs which meet the diverse characteristics, needs and learning styles of students; and encourage them to work towards attainment of their potential;
• Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise data to optimise organisational and educational outcomes;
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with school staff and members of the wider community in order to establish productive partnerships and achieve educational outcomes;
• Desire to contribute to the establishment of a staff wide culture of professional learning, reading and reflective practice;
• Demonstrate an innovative and agile mindset that supports and enhances a culture of continuous improvement within the school environment;
• oversee the work of other library personnel, volunteers and external providers, as appropriate, as delegated by the Principal;
• have the ability to lead and manage the Library/Learning Hub space and source an engaging and relevant physical and virtual collection;
• have the ability to assess and provide feedback on student learning using relevant data;
• Evidence of excellent organisational and administrative skills;
• Willingness to Comply or Compliance with the CSO Accreditation to Work, Teach and Lead Policy. Category B or D – Accreditation to Teach or Accreditation to Teach Religion.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC) number;
• Completion of Anaphylaxis training.
|Desirable Criteria||• have a sound knowledge of OLIVER library software and information technology.
• have the ability to design contemporary and innovative learning opportunities in collaboration with teachers.
• have the ability to model and share best practice regarding innovative and emerging technologies utilising the school Makerspace.
• have the ability to plan and evaluate collaboratively with teachers and incorporate technology and information literacy through the KLAs.
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with the NSW & ACT Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2020.|
|Applications Close||Sunday 19 September, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Stacey Mullin (email@example.com)||4932 8605|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume. Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*|
St Paul's Primary School