The International school of Ticino is looking for a teacher with primary school experience who has the right to live and work in Italy or Switzerland for an immediate start on a temporary contract until June. There may be an opportunity for a full time role in September with IST or within our group for the right candidate.
Candidates should be well qualified and experienced in the PYP and or primary education. The successful candidate should also be committed to high standards, interested in using innovative and inquiry-based approaches to learning and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
Our school was founded in September 2014 as part of the ISE network of schools, spanning Italy and Switzerland. The school has had year on year growth, and now has 180 students across the age range of 3-16.
From September 2020 this growth has continued with the opening of a grade 11. Within the next 2 years the international school will be home to students from 3-18 in our purpose designed campus, with no more than 20 students per class and per grade level.
In 2018 the International School of Ticino became an IB world school and the only accredited PYP school in the area. With accreditation as an IB continuum school, MYP and DP to follow in the coming month.
The school is one of several very successful Swiss and Italian schools belonging to Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
Essential characteristics for IST applicants:
• to be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• to have had recent, demonstrable experience teaching secondary within the 11-18 age range;
• to be an enthusiastic and passionate teacher with a love of teaching and the ability to convey this successfully to students;
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Switzerland.
• Previous experience with IB programmes is required. Further IB training will be offered, together with relocation assistance.
Why work with us:
• A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement.
• IB professional development during employment
• A very competitive salary in the region
• Support settling in to Switzerland or Italy
• Further leadership and professional development
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a new school build and development
• Cooked lunches provided free daily.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the following TES application, or email it to the school principal, Mr. Andrew Ackers on email@example.com.
• Letter of application (No more than 2 pages);
• CV with photo;
• Contact details of three referees (one of which must be the Head or Principal from your most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before interview.
Before beginning employment a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://www.isticino.com/.
The school is one of several very successful schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
International School of Ticino
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years