The Edge Academy is an Alternative Provision Free School focused upon improving opportunities and outcomes for students who may be struggling to achieve their full potential in a mainstream setting. We aim to create a superb learning environment to transform the learning experience and outcomes for young people on the exclusion spectrum across our institutions and the landscape of our communities. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and ambitious leader who has prior senior leadership experience , to join our team and play a key role in supporting our students to overcome any barriers to learning and achieve at the highest levels.
We are looking for someone with experience in the following areas:
- Quality assurance and self-evaluation
- NPQH completed
On appointment, the job description and tasks will be reviewed to reflect the successful candidate’s strengths, the professional development of all Senior Leadership Team members and Academy priorities.
- A keen passion for making a difference for those students who have difficulty accessing learning
- A knowledge and understanding of the range of complex needs experienced by students who find it challenging to access the normal school curriculum
- A successful proven track record of leading and managing staff
- Excellent strategic planning skills and attention to detail
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- A sensitive and diplomatic approach to enable effective working with staff, parents and external agencies to support the needs of individual students
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to utilise ICT and Progresso effectively to track progress and evaluate the impact of support and intervention.
- Willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply, please submit a letter of application (no more than 2 sides) along with the completion of our application form. Letters of application should include areas of particular expertise and interest as listed above. Applications form can be downloaded from the website.
If you are interested in this position, please email application form and letter to: email@example.com
The Edge Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.