St. Ignatius Catholic School is a private co-educational school with approximately 690 pupils ranging from Nursery to Advanced Level (Year 13). The School is recognised for its academic rigour, its excellent discipline and its caring and supportive Christian ethos. It follows the English National Curriculum to I/GCSE with many students progressing to our A Level programme.
The School seeks to appoint a committed Catholic leader as Principal for November 2021. The Principal will be an enthusiastic, highly motivated and dynamic leader with excellent communication skills who will provide professional, highly effective leadership and strategic management that will achieve outstanding results in all aspects of school life, promoting an inspiring vision and clear direction that is understood and shared by all members of the school community.
The Principal will be accountable to the Pastor/Parish Administrator of St. Ignatius Catholic Parish. He/She will be supported by a Senior Leadership Team comprising of the Vice Principal, Primary and the Vice Principal, Secondary, and their assistants.
Key responsibilities of the role will include, but will not be limited to:
- Management and administration of the day-to-day operations of the School to ensure a safe working and learning environment and to promote highest standard of teaching and learning.
- Overseeing all aspects of the development and implementation of the School Improvement Plan, as well as all School Policies and Procedure.
- Overall responsibility for staff recruitment, information technology, budgeting, and fiscal management.
The successful candidate will satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- Practising Catholic committed to Christ-centred values and beliefs.
- Experience in leading Catholic ethos within a school.
- An Honours degree from an accredited university and an internationally recognised teaching qualification.
- An Advanced Degree (MA or equivalent) in educational administration and leadership.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a Principal and ten (10) years of teaching experience in a multicultural international school providing a curriculum up to and including IGCSE and A-level or equivalent.
- High IT proficiency, analytical and organisational skills.
- A secure knowledge and understanding of current trends in education, and familiar with the “technical core” of schooling.
- Ability to manage people, data, and processes.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple high priorities.
- Have an excellent knowledge of Safeguarding and Child Protection good practice with recent, relevant training.
- An informed understanding and experience of successfully leading Senior Leadership Teams.
Salary range CI$85,000 - CI$105,000 per annum and will commensurate with experience. Other benefits include fully subsidised medical health insurance and contribution to a pension plan. Candidates recruited from overseas will also receive a relocation allowance and end of final contract repatriation allowance. The school also offers free tuition for up to two children at St Ignatius. Initial contract is for a term of 3 years and may be extended annually by mutual agreement thereafter.
Please see the Job Description, the Application Form, and Leadership Self Analysis Questionnaire as well as for further details, which can be found on our website www.st-ignatius.com. Interested candidates must complete the application form in full and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates should also provide appropriate evidence/references, including one from their parish priest, in support of their application. We will not accept any other form of application. No additional documentation is required at this time.
Deadline for receipt of applications is September 17th, 2021.
St. Ignatius Catholic School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
St. Ignatius Catholic School is located on the beautiful Caribbean Island of Grand Cayman. The school was established in 1971 and moved to its present site on Walker’s Road soon after. The present school houses 700 students and staff from many differ...