Principal of Krishna Avanti Primary School, Croydon – If you think you can take the school to the next level, we look forward to hearing from you
Salary: L10 to L18
Contract type: Full Time/Permanent
Start date: September or sooner if possible.
Closing date for applications: 12.00 noon on 29 January 2021
Interview dates: 8 and 9 February 2021
The children, staff and the wider community at Krishna Avanti Primary School (Croydon) are seeking to appoint an experienced and inspirational leader who can demonstrate outstanding skills, knowledge and a track record of success to build on the school's solid foundations. The successful candidate will bring fresh approaches and ideas to develop the school further.
Krishna Avanti Primary School, Croydon is a ‘good’ school (Ofsted Report April 2019) and as a community we believe in the limitless potential of all of our children.
Our community is composed of supportive and committed families who buy into our vision and work with us to ensure their children achieve all they are capable of in the future. We aspire for all our children to have a love of learning and curiosity about the world, and to be polite, well-mannered young people who take responsibility for their choices and drive their own destinies.
Krishna Avanti Primary School (Croydon) is part of Avanti Schools Trust; you will join a community of committed and driven principals who work closely together to share good practice, provide support for one another, and improve what we do as a school and a Trust.
- Have the ability to drive excellence by valuing and developing others, you will be a qualified teacher with extensive experience of both hands-on teaching and management in education. This means you will deliver a rich, engaging and varied curriculum that meets children’s needs in an ever-changing world
- You will have leadership qualities to challenge, inspire, motivate and empower others.
- Be able to work with a high degree of cultural sensitivity in a changing environment, you will have the ability to use a range of communication strategies and channels.
- Be an excellent and flexible communicator, developing strong relationships with children, staff, parents and a range of stakeholders within and beyond the school
- A strong ambassador for the school, you will be able to develop new ways to engage pupils, staff and parents. Your strong motivation and communication skills will also enable you to create a feeling of energy, excitement and personal investment within the classroom.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the highest standards of learning, teaching and assessment and show great enthusiasm for ensuring all our children achieve their true potential
- Behave as a role model, leading by example, creating a motivated team who share best practice and take a full part in the school’s progression
- Be able to balance resources efficiently and effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school
- Have a well-developed working knowledge of SEND policy, provision and challenges
- A welcoming, supportive and friendly learning environment with highly motivated, happy children who are positive learners, take pride in their school and feel valued, listened to and safe
- A dedicated and talented team of staff who provide our children with stimulating, challenging and memorable learning experiences
- A highly committed and engaged Local Advisory Board, staff, and parent community who are all strongly focused on the success of our school
- An ethos of valuing and caring for all members of our school community
- A commitment to continuous improvement and your professional development
Applying and Safer recruitment:
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will also be completed.
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people to Avanti Schools Trust and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
We would be delighted to give you a tour of the school and answer any questions you may have. Please contact Kekshan Salaria, our Head of School Improvement (Primary) to arrange an appointment email@example.com
Krishna Avanti Primary School - Croydon
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years