Principal: Gulval School
Salary: L10-L15 dependent on experience
Contract: Full-time and Permanent Proposed start date: September 2018
This post arises following the promotion of the substantive Principal to Executive Principal for the Adventure Learning Academy Trust. We are now looking to appoint a Principal who has the vision, inspirational leadership and the skill to take Gulval School even further. We are interested to hear from experienced Headteachers and those looking for their first headship.
Gulval School in Penzance, Cornwall is looking for an outstanding, passionate and enthusiastic individual to lead their friendly and committed team of professionals. This is an exciting opportunity for an education professional to help shape and implement the vision that will ensure Gulval School, and the community it serves, continues to go from strength to strength. You will work closely with the Regional Executive Principal to lead the successful implementation of the Schools vision, ethos and ambitions, continuing to ensure high quality education for all.
Gulval School is a thriving and happy school, they strive for excellence in all that they do. A great team of dedicated and highly skilled professionals support pupils’ development and children, who are well behaved and have a thirst for knowledge, are eager to learn. We are looking to appoint an outstanding individual with energy, enthusiasm, resilience, a love of the outdoors and a ‘can do’ attitude who wants to play a part in the continued success of Gulval School, becoming part of, and leading the community of dedicated and experiences professionals.
The successful candidate will;
· Be highly motivated and driven, with a track record of outstanding leadership, a reflective practitioner and a strong role model.
· Have high expectations for themselves, staff and our pupils.
· Be effective in supporting pupil personal development and behaviour with a commitment towards each individual pupil.
· Share in the school’s passion for adventurous learning and add value to the team.
· Demonstrate the ability to think ‘out of the box’, be willing to take calculated risks and be someone who is willing to challenge the norm.
Gulval School is the pride of the community, the support provided by families has enabled the school to create truly outstanding and unique spaces for children to learn and families to enjoy. In May 2017 Ofsted described the school as the ‘central cog in the wheel of the community’. The school’s popularity is directly linked to the drive and determination of the staff team: pupil numbers have grown by over 60% in just 3 years and the school is now full in all but two year groups. Gulval School was awarded an Ofsted rating of Good overall with Outstanding for Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare having moved out of Special Measures within 3 years. A recent Challenge Partners review in November judged the school to be Outstanding across all areas, a credit to the continued drive of the leadership team and the skill and determination of the whole school community.
If you share our vision and would like to join us on our journey, we would like to hear from you.
Visits to Gulval School are warmly welcomed, please contact Penny Nicholls on 01736 364 747 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
To download the application form and supporting documents please visit the ALAT website http://alat.org.uk/work-with-us/recruitment/jobs-academies/
All completed applications must be submitted to Ali Honey at firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to submit:
- Application form and covering letter – please ensure you complete an application form which contains full employment history in reverse order with details of each post you have held and key responsibilities, providing evidence of key requirements specified in the job description. You may also include a CV; however, please note applications with CV only will not be accepted.
- Self-declaration form – please fully complete a self-declaration form and submit with your application form.
- Equal opportunities form
To arrange an appointment or to talk further about this role please contact Paul Baker, Regional Executive Principal, on 07525805740 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00 Monday 19th February 2018
Proposed interview date: 7th and 8th March 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Adventure Learning Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer