St Francis Catholic School Hughenden
Job No: TCE228
Location: Hughenden - St Francis Catholic School
Position: Principal (Primary)
Salary Range: $120,642 - 131,983
Extra Incentives: Principal PAR - 2 Points $4,534, ITAS - $1,714, IPRASS - $1,650 and Subsidised Accommodation
Tenure: Full-time 4 Year Contract
Commencing Date: 2020
Closing Date: Friday 30th August 2019
St Francis Catholic School is a small school that caters for students in Prep to Year 6 and has a proud history of providing high-quality education in an environment of the Catholic tradition. We have a friendly atmosphere where every child is cared for by our dedicated staff. Our school is committed to meeting the challenges of education today and in the future in order to provide our students with the skills necessary to progress further along the life-long journey of education and learning.
Teachers at St Francis Catholic School embrace the very latest in technology and best practice to educate your child according to a multi-age philosophy, while also considering each child’s abilities and needs. Our school prides itself on a high standard of education, providing up to date and relevant resources for use in each classroom. Our staff work together to create happy and safe classroom and playground areas, which we believe, are essential for a successful learning environment. Our supportive, welcoming atmosphere ensures great partnerships and relationships are created with our parents and the Hughenden community.
A rewarding opportunity
As Principal, you will lead a team of experienced educators who are dedicated to ensuring our students are provided with the very best opportunities to achieve their individual goals in a positive, safe and supportive environment. In addition, the Townsville Diocese, provides support to you through its operational arm, the Townsville Catholic Education Office. This support takes the form of expertise in Learning and Teaching, Catholic Identity, Indigenous Education, School Development and Organisational Services, including, ICT, Finance, Human Resources and Student Protection.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach and able to develop your staff using effective feedback
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $120,642 - 131,983 (depending on experience)
- Principal PAR - 2 Points $4,534, ITAS - $1,714, IPRASS - $1,650 and Subsidised Accommodation
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below
- Upload a current resume with contact details of two referees (one being your current line manager and the other your Parish Priest)
- Upload a covering letter. In no more than 2 A4 pages, your covering letter must provide clear evidence of your demonstrated ability to lead a school in the following key leadership areas:
- Faith and Mission leadership
- Educational leadership
- Staff and community leadership
Please refer to the Position Description and Catholic School Leadership Framework to support your response.
Please email HR to obtain a copy of the Position Description
The successful applicant will be required to commence Term 1 2020.
For a confidential conversation please contact Stephanie Giorcelli on 07 4773 0900
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services email@example.com
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Application close: 4pm Friday 30th August 2019
Have a look at one of our School Leaders!