Hyundai Foreign School (HFS) is an established international school of 35 years’ history with a distinct small community feel. The school is located in Dong-Gu District in Ulsan City, South Korea, an industrial city with beautiful beaches and a lot of green spots that provide a safe and enjoyable environment to work and live in. Established by Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI), the school is currently being operated as an independent educational entity. HFS’s students are mostly comprised of the children of the employees of various international clients who do business with Hyundai Heavy Industries and a smaller proportion from the local area who are eligible to attend a foreign school. The school is fully accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS), a registered Cambridge International Examinations Test Centre and a member of a number of local inter-school organizations.
The school used to range in size from 130-150 students, peaking occasionally at 200, depending on the various projects of Hyundai Heavy Industries. However, due to business circumstances related to the international shipbuilding industry the student roll currently stands at around 80. HFS offers classes from Year 1 to Year 9 and the curriculum is a combination of the Cambridge Primary, Cambridge Secondary 1, IPC and IMYC.
You will be leading a strong team of dedicated and experienced teachers through an exciting and challenging period for the school’s future. We are anticipating moving to a new purpose built site in the near future and also hope to gain accreditation in the IPC and IMYC in the next three years.
- A competitive salary
- One month severance for each year of service (based on final salary)
- Fully furnished 3 bedroom apartment
- Paid utilities
- Car with gas allowance and insurance
- Summer airfare or equivalent cash reimbursement (dependents included)
- Korean National Health Insurance and Accident Insurance
You will be expected to be a strategic leader who has:
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a senior leadership role
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A proven track record of establishing positive relationships within a diverse school community
- A proven track record of formulating and delivering long-term goals in line with a school's core values and objectives
- A good understanding of IT in both an administrative and learning context
- Highly developed teaching skills with in depth knowledge of what constitutes excellent teaching and learning
- Experience working with students for whom English is not a first language and those who have additional learning needs
- A working understanding of the Cambridge Primary and Secondary 1 Curriculum and the International Primary Curriculum
- A working understanding of the International Middle Years Curriculum (preferred)
- A Master’s degree or higher (preferred)
We would be looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
All interested candidates should send a CV with a recent photo, 3 references and letter of application stating why you have the knowledge, skills and experience to lead our school. Deadline for applications is Friday 22nd September 2017.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, satisfactory references and criminal record checks.