Broomfield Special Inclusive Learning Centre (South SILC), Leeds
Closing Date: Friday 17th November 2017, Noon
Shortlisting: Thursday 23rd November, 2017
Assessment Centre and Interview: Monday 4th and Tuesday 5th December 2017
Due to the retirement of the current Principal, the Governors of Broomfield SILC are looking to recruit a passionate and experienced leader who has a commitment to special educational needs.
We are seeking a person with a proven track record of successful leadership in a large specialist provision who is inclusive in their style and truly committed to the development of the whole child. You will also have an up to date knowledge of mainstream education and be experienced in translating this into a specialist setting.
Under the guidance of our current Principal the school has made significant progress and we as a governing body are proud of the excellent provision in our unique setting.
We are looking forward to welcoming someone with the ambition and drive to take the school forward as we start a new chapter in the development and progression of the SILC. Our new Principal will lead a large staff team of hard working and committed staff, which includes a well-established and effective middle management team.
We can offer:
- A large mixed age school for pupils with a range of different needs and abilities
- A great working environment for staff where everyone is valued, included and treated with respect
- An outward facing organisation, working closely with city wide partners and beyond
- Amazing pupils who love coming to school and are encouraged to learn the skills they will need for life outside of school.
- An enthusiastic and supportive governing body that put the interests of the children first and are committed to the continual improvement of the school.
- An opportunity to build your own leadership team
- The Governing Body is considering a proposal to seek academy status in order to form a Multi Academy Trust
How to apply:
To request an application pack please contact Toni Leigh West at email@example.com or telephone 0113 3788525.
Please arrange a convenient time either by phone or by email by contacting the school office between Monday 30th October and Thursday 16th November (Leeds half term is 23rd- 27th October)
We promote equality and diversity and want a workforce that represents the diverse population of Leeds.
Broomfield SILC is committed to safeguarding, to promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. To comply with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996 all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.