Location: Young People’s Academy, West Drayton, Middlesex
Starting: January 2022
Salary: Leadership Group, Spine Points L22 – L26, £74,809 - £81,371 per annum
Young People’s Academy (YPA) is a co-educational secondary special school for students with social, emotional and mental health needs. Some students also have co-existing conditions, such as Autism. This is a very exciting time in the school’s development with a new free school building due for completion this academic year. In its new building the academy will expand its cohort to post 16 and have a capacity for up to 110 students.
YPA is part of an established family of specialist academies that make up Orchard Hill College Academy Trust, which is currently comprised of 15 academies across London, Surrey, Sussex and Berkshire. The Trust was established in 2013 by Orchard Hill College and together Orchard Hill College & Academy Trust provide for over 1500 pupils and students with a wide range of learning abilities and additional needs.
You will need to:
• be an ambitious, proven leader either at Deputy or Principal level and have an excellent track record of successfully implementing school improvement and impactful change;
• be a highly capable leader, with a clear sense of vision, strategic thinking and purpose;
• be an exceptional classroom practitioner, with expertise in SEND and specifically SEMH;
• have recent and relevant experience of highly effective leadership and a strong track record in raising standards;
• have a full understanding of processes involving children in care, child protection and safeguarding and be committed to working in partnership;
• be collegiate, responsive, highly approachable and have the ability to inspire colleagues, pupils, students and their families.
• be fully committed to developing effective independence for students beyond school
We can offer:
• the opportunity to develop skills and experience within a ‘family’ of specialist providers;
• staff and an Executive Board who are highly committed and dedicated to success;
• embedded support and guidance from Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust
For an informal discussion about the role, candidates are invited to contact the HR Department, email@example.com and arrange a time to speak to our CEO or Deputy CEO.
To apply, please follow the option to apply on TeS portal, to complete and submit your online application.
Please note that CV applications will not be considered.
Applications deadline: 5pm on Thursday 23rd September 2021
Interviews on: Tuesday 28th September 2021
Young People’s Academy and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Young People's Academy
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years