This is a unique and exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious school leader to take on the principalship of our outstanding school.
Situated in the heart of Tooting, south west London, we provide a well-ordered, happy and highly aspirational learning environment for our local community. Outcomes have been consistently exceptional over time; with five outstanding Ofsted judgements to our credit, the brief for our new Principal will be to build on this achievement, whilst moulding the school to respond effectively to the particular challenges posed by the changing external environment that all schools are now operating in.
A well-qualified body of staff are motivated to achieve exceptional outcomes for pupils, and parents hold the school in very high regard, with historic and current levels of oversubscription at 5:1.
We are part of the Graveney Trust and benefit from many opportunities for sharing expertise and resources between Trust schools.
Our new Principal will:
- have a successful track record of leadership and management at a very senior level. Current experience as an Ofsted inspector will also be helpful;
- be an outstanding classroom practitioner, with a passion for working with children as well as experience of working with children with SEN;
- be a skilled communicator who can work effectively with all stakeholders;
- be excited by the challenges of seeing our wonderful school through the next phase in its development;
- have the personal and professional qualities required to develop the vision and ethos of the school within the wider Trust framework;
- demonstrate a commitment to on-going high level CPD.
Candidates interested in visiting the school or talking to our current Principal should call 020 8682 7004 to make arrangements.
We hope to visit longlisted candidates in their schools in the week beginning 25th June. Longlisted candidates will then be invited to Graveney School on both 4th and 5th July to visit the school, meet our staff and participate in a range of tasks and exercises. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a formal interview on 6th July 2018.
Further information and an application pack can be downloaded from www.graveney.org
Closing date: Noon on Tuesday, 26th June 2018.
Graveney School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS. Strictly no contact from agencies. Please respect this request.