We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and collaborative senior leader to be the next Principal of Dubai International Academy, Emirates Hills, the first IB continuum school in the UAE and now a school of choice in the community.
Dubai International Academy (DIA), is a truly international (students and staff), co-educational, multi-cultural school educating over 2,300 students aged 3 to 18 years. Established in 2005, DIA is dedicated to developing global citizens and was the first school in the UAE recognised to deliver the full range of International Baccalaureate programmes – PYP, MYP and DP with the CP being added on subsequently. DIA has a very strong and well-established reputation as a caring and supportive community and has a significant track record of students succeeding and graduating to the very best universities and colleges worldwide.
In addition to its academic programmes, DIA offers a great range of extra-curricular offerings, including sports, drama, music and arts. Community service and student leadership is an integral part of the school life. There are many collaborative links with community organisations both locally and internationally – with the hosting of an annual global Model United Nations conference - solely organised by students - as the jewel in the crown.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Principal will lead and work with the Heads of School (Primary and Secondary) to take the school to the next level and achieve the highest standards of school performance and student outcomes.
• Promote and model Innoventures Education and DIA’s mission and values in all areas of school life
• Lead and manage the school Senior Leadership Team with drive and enthusiasm
• Foster an open, tolerant and supportive atmosphere in which students of all cultures and abilities are challenged to grow and achieve academically, socially and emotionally
• Empower staff to embrace and execute the schools’ educational philosophy while maintaining accountability for their performance
• Promote diversity and equality among students, parents and staff
• Represent the school, build relationships and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
Professional qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Successful school leadership experience of at least three years as Principal or Head of School, preferably in an international setting
• Degree and Teaching qualification
• Qualification/s in school leadership
• A proven track record of developing and sustaining high academic standards
• Significant experience in building a safe and inclusive school community
• An appreciation for and sensitivity to multi-culturalism and the ability to navigate among different nationalities
• Confidence to be a change agent balanced by the ability to manage the nature and pace of organisational change
• Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to adapt them to various constituent groups
We are proud to offer
• A dynamic learning environment with outstanding facilities and resources
• Comprehensive induction package and on-going professional support
• A network of support – with colleague Principals and Heads – part of the Innoventures Education group
• Central support teams in the areas of finance, HR, facilities, operations, compliance, IT and data management
• Highly engaged learners and supportive parents
• A competitive international package
Innoventures Education is a company committed to bringing world-class education to Dubai. Along with Dubai International Academy, the founding school of the group, we manage Dubai International Academy (Al Barsha); Raffles World Academy; Raffles International School, Collegiate American School, Raffles Starters and Raffles Nurseries.
All our schools and nurseries are renowned for their high-quality curricula, inspiring learning environments and commitment to academic excellence. Together we have a total enrolment of more than 7000 students from over 100 countries, with a dedicated and inspirational team of educators and administrators from virtually every corner of the globe.
If the opportunity to be Principal of Dubai International Academy excites you, please send your CV with a photograph and letter of application (particularly addressing the key responsibilities of the position outlined above) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 13 April 2021.
Dubai International Academy
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Dubai International Academy, Raffles International Schools, Raffles World Academy, Raffles Nurseries and Collegiate American School are leading international schools in Dubai managed by Innoventures Education, a company committed to bringing world-cl...