Programme Leader – Business
We have a vacancy for a full time Programme Leader in Business to start in August 2021. The role is suitable for either an existing manager or for an experienced teacher/ lecturer looking to step up to their next level of management. The successful candidate will support the leadership of the business programme area with passion, conviction and a drive to put the student at the heart of everything they do. You will lead a team of teaching staff; whose core purpose will be delivering high quality education at all levels.
Your focus will be the ongoing development and enhancement of the business programme area, including contributing to aspects such as student satisfaction and success; new and ongoing curriculum development; quality assurance and improvement and the management of staffing and control of costs. As such you will be a highly effective teacher with substantial experience, expertise and a proven track record of teaching and course delivery. Experience of delivering A-level Business Studies is essential for this role.
• Lead, plan and co-ordinate programmes of learning for students with a team of tutors, and in some cases support staff; ensuring that individual student needs are addressed and ensuring positive progression and outcomes for all learners.
• Develop, lead, manage and co-ordinate your team and ancillary staff to deliver high quality teaching, learning, assessment aligned to the Selby Way, that ensures the development of the student’s personal, social, study, numeracy, literacy, digital and employability skills that equip them for positive progression.
• Work proactively and collaboratively with leaders, managers and staff across the college to ensure that best practice and shared approaches are developed and properly embedded within your programme area
• Teach a range of lessons within your programme area up to a usual maximum of 720 hours per year, depending upon the size and complexity of the area.
• Monitor, review and evaluate progress against recruitment, attendance, retention, achievement and value-added targets and other key performance indicators as required, including preparing actions to address any deficits
• Be proactive in leading the staff team and building productive working relationships within the team, developing their skills and expertise.
• Work in conjunction with the marketing department and line manager to support cross college and departmental marketing and public relations activities including: Open Events; Course and Departmental literature; College Prospectus; Careers and Taster Days; Interviews.
• You will hold a degree in Business or equivalent relevant qualification and a recognised teaching qualification.
• Recent successful teaching of Business at a range of levels, in particular A level, is essential.
• You will have enthusiasm and empathy in working with post 16 students and a positive attitude to flexibility, change and innovation.
• You must be able to positively influence and develop a team and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• You should be highly organised, reliable and self-motivated.
For a full job description please visit the Selby college website.
Terms and Conditions
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Holidays: 37 days per annum plus statutory bank holidays
Directed Scholarly: 10 days per annum
Salary: £30,858 – £34,962
Closing Date: 16th April 2021
Interviews to be held on or around 22nd/23rd April 2021
- Further Education
- Students of age 16+ years