- Programme Tutor – Engineering
- West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
- 37 hours per week, Permanent
- Salary: £23,917 - £28,330 gross per annum
- Start date: ASAP
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is passionate about passing on their knowledge and skills to the next generation of Engineering Apprentices. This exciting opportunity will give the successful candidate the opportunity to have a positive impact on the lives of our students.
No two days are the same and the successful candidate will enjoy the benefits of managing their own diary, working with a diverse caseload of individuals and travelling across the East of England, visiting apprentices on their place of work, ensuring they are making good progress.
Applications from candidates with industry experience are warmly encouraged.
- Delivering learning programmes for an agreed caseload of between 45-60 Apprentices and facilitating the development of their skills, knowledge and behaviours in line with the Apprenticeship standard on a one-to-one basis.
- In conjunction with their employer, ensure students receive the necessary on-the-job training and that they are fully prepared for the End Point Assessment element of their programme.
- Support students to improve their Maths and English utilising our specialist learning platform.
- Keep accurate records of all the learner progress and achievements, undertaking regular reviews of learner’s progress with each employer.
- Actively promote the College’s and Employer Engagement whole service offer to employers, whilst maintaining own caseload seeking out additional income and business opportunities.
We ask that you have
- Recent relevant industry experience
- A passion to motivate and inspire individuals
- A good level of Maths, English and ICT skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Self-motivation and the courage to challenge dips in the engagement of students.
- A relevant professional/industry qualification at Level 3 or above
- Assessor Award and Internal Verifiers award or a willingness to commence the qualification within 3 months of taking up the post.
- Previous experience of facilitating learning, coaching, mentoring in any capacity
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a completed application form to email@example.com , if you have not heard from a member of the HR team within 14 working days, please presume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 15th September 2021
Interview Date: 27th September 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms
West Suffolk College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years