£21,213 - £22,508 pro rata
Under the direction of the Assistant Principal and in liaison with the Wellbeing Co-ordinator, you will be focusing upon learner retention and success by providing regular 1-1 support to enable learners to access all aspects of the College curriculum. In the first instance, this role will involve supporting students predominantly following vocational courses within Sport. The role is pivotal in contributing to the College achieving ‘outstanding’ levels of student retention and achievement by tracking and monitoring learner’s academic progress, attendance and welfare concerns. In addition, you will identify learners who are giving cause for concern, support learners to achieve their full potential, through appropriate mentoring as well as co-ordinating and delivering group pastoral and personal development activities.
As the role entails liaising with academic staff, students and parents you will need excellent communication skills as well as the ability to co-ordinate your own work load, being able to prioritise and multi-task as required.
The hours for this post are 30 hours per week during term time (40 weeks per year). The hours are to be worked over 5 days, between Monday and Friday.
This post is based at the College’s Sparsholt campus
Closing Date: 01 March 2021
• Eligibility to join a defined contribution pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• Free Library membership
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider