This is an exciting time to join Durham Sixth Form Centre: we are an oversubscribed post-16 institution; our results are significantly above National Averages; we have expanded our premises; we have gained external recognition and national awards for our work and we are Outstanding as defined by Ofsted, March 2017.
We know that the very best way to continue to provide outstanding education and progression is to ensure our teaching staff and support staff are outstanding. Following the successful internal promotion of one of the team members we are looking to appoint their successor who should be a creative, innovative and highly organised Progression Manager to contribute effectively to the inspirational work of our Careers, Progression and Aspirations team (CPAT).
The successful candidate will be qualified in careers guidance with a proven record in providing outstanding career provision and exceptional analytical, planning and time management skills; be resilient in their approach with problem solving capabilities; have a sound knowledge of careers theory and applied experience. They must also be able to communicate and liaise effectively with staff, post-16 students and parents; and be committed to working in an inclusive environment in support of the values, vision, purpose and direction of Durham Sixth Form Centre.
The Application Pack is available on our website
The Application Process
Applicants should submit the following information on, or before the closing date:
- A completed Application Form using the GoogleForm which can be found by clicking APPLY NOW in the Current Vacancies section of the school website.
- A supporting Letter of Application of a maximum of two sides of A4, which includes information under the following titles:
- Why are you interested in applying for the role?
- How would your skills meet the needs of the post?
- How would you best describe your behaviour traits?
- What ‘extra’ would you bring to the role if appointed.
Note: The supporting Letter of Application should be uploaded in the relevant section on the GoogleForm.
Durham Sixth Form Centre
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years