Join us at the start of something special in education
Big Education is a newly launched multi-academy trust and charity that is bringing together some of the most innovative schools in the city. At Big Education, we have a vision for a bigger, more expansive education - the education of head, heart and hand - where Ofsted and results are a minimum necessity, but not the goals of education.
In order to achieve our vision, we have have set ourselves three goals:
- To create great schools that exemplify new models and methods of schooling and give all children, particularly those from the most deprived backgrounds, the greatest chance of success.
- To develop innovative programmes. To have a wider impact on the system, we plan to develop and incubate innovative programmes just as we have with our oracy programme.
- To build a wider movement. Building on the energies, expertise and imagination of brilliant teachers, we want to be a catalyst for some fresh thinking in education.
We are now looking for someone who can lead on our first big project: the Innovative Leaders Programme.
This is your chance to join the Big Education team and help shape and implement a leadership development programme that has the potential to grow a different type of school leader. Working with some of the most interesting thinkers in the field, we are constructing a programme that will develop leaders in education who have the skills, commitment and toolkit to shape the system for the future. The Innovative Leaders Programme will initially work with the leadership teams and middle leaders in the three first schools of Big Education with plans to grow the programme to include many more schools.
Your role will be to project plan the programme ensuring it is developed effectively, runs smoothly, is personalised to the needs of each participant and is rigorously implemented with proper follow through.
- Works with Co-Directors of Big Education to research, create, develop and implement the programme
- Manages the programme architecture: events, meetings, diary, processes, and resources
- Works with each individual participant to ensure they are getting the most from the programme
- Builds effective relationships with trustees, headteachers and leadership teams of the schools
- Oversees development of on-line platform and resources to facilitate the programme
- Liaises with outside speakers and trainers for the programme
- Leads evaluation processes to review effectiveness of programmes and contributing to ongoing programme design
- Reports on programme to trustees and funders.
- Takes an active interest in leadership development theory and practice in education and beyond
- A skilled project planner who can multi-task to a high level
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relations with internal and external colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Very good IT skills and a willingness to develop these
- Outstanding organisation, prioritising and planning skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and to work to deadlines as required
- Ability to assimilate information quickly and to think logically
- Interest in the education sector and issues surrounding social mobility
You will love this job if…
- You enjoy the creative process and starting something new
- You want to be part of a growing force for innovation in education
- You enjoy working with committed people in a friendly and purposeful environment
- You have an exceptional attention to detail, and are a naturally organised person
- You are passionate about education and creating opportunities for young people
How to apply
Please complete the online application form which can be found here.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this role, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 25th September at midday.
Interviews to take place in the week commencing 1st October.