PROPERTY SURVEYOR - BUILDING
Salary: Circa £40,000
Weeks: Full Year with generous holiday allowance
Location: The Kidsgrove Secondary School/Unsworth Academy
Required: as soon as possible.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Senior Property Surveyor/Project Managers to work across our Multi Academy Trust.
We are a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust who lead and manage academies in all phases, all sectors and in all communities. We believe that all children should have the opportunity to be successful, whatever their starting point. We pledge an unswerving commitment to improve, accelerate and enable ambitious life goals for all young people in our academies.
Shaw Education Trust is currently comprised of 17 academies. We have other schools joining us imminently across the North West, West Midlands and East Midlands.
The successful applicant/s will be required to efficiently and effectively manage multiple building projects identified in new and existing educational sites, which include a wide range of school settings and conditions (e.g. Special Schools, Primary Schools, and High Schools).
You will ensure that the planning and delivery of a portfolio of projects are completed to client satisfaction and in accordance with appropriate compliance standards.
The candidate will also be expected to provide day to day property related support and advice to school based colleagues including Principals, Business Managers and Site Teams and shall act on behalf of the schools when liaising with building contractors.
The successful applicant/s will be responsible for:
- The management of contractors, consulting agencies and site workers delivering on specific building/engineering/site contracts.
- Will work alongside and in conjunction with the Director of Estates, Health & Safety Compliance and site maintenance teams within identified organisational premises.
- Will provide regular project updates to senior leaders within Shaw Education Trust and the schools in relation to project development and delivery.
- Will be responsible for defining, planning, managing and delivering assigned projects to meet both client and organisational requirements, delivering within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Take responsibility for the successful delivery of projects to cost, schedule and quality.
This is a full time role (37 hours per week), with a generous holiday allowance. You will be required to travel to multiple sites and locations.
We would welcome applications from experienced and professional Property Surveyors/Project Managers with a Degree or equivalent qualification or experience in an Engineering or Building Services discipline and particular experience in managing minor and major repair with property based legislation e.g. Asbestos, legionella, Electrical and Gas Safety. It is anticipated that work locations will be Unsworth Academy, Bury (Northern) or The Kidsgrove High School (Southern). Please make clear in your application your location preference for the role.
All applications should be sent to HR Business Partner at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shaw Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.