Vision for Education are looking to appoint a PRU Teaching Assistant to work in Pupil Referral Units and Alternative Provisions around Manchester. You will be supporting either with small groups, or 1:1, with students who may demonstrate challenging behaviour and who may have Special Educational Needs.
The role of PRU Teaching Assistant is a fantastic opportunity to make a difference to pupils lives and their experience of school, especially those who have become disengaged from education. You will be required to support in classes, assisting pupils in overcoming barriers to learning and dealing with behavioural issues.
This schools we work with are looking for committed and successful PRU Teaching Assistant to join their motivated teams. They provide bespoke, child-centred, high quality education programmes, which aim to ensure that all the students individual educational needs are met.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum requirements for the PRU Teaching Assistant position are:
• A minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
• Th ability to facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
• A desire mentor and engage with students, building positive relationships.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a PRU Teaching Assistant and valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a PRU Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester team on 0161 641 3743.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd