Located in rural Suffolk, Bramfield House School is an independent residential special educational needs school for boys aged 7 – 16 years who have social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours.
The School has a committed and innovative multidisciplinary team, extensive site and excellent facilities to support both learning and extra-curricular activities; we are in a great position to provide our pupils with the best education and care possible. We need highly-motivated and enthusiastic individuals who want to make a real difference.
We offer induction, supervision, support and training opportunities.
We are committed to Equal Opportunities and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Purpose of Job
- To work under the instruction/guidance of the Team Leader to deliver high quality residential care for emotionally vulnerable young people boarding at Bramfield House School.
- Organisation of structured activities, on and off site, and undertake those activities with the young people.
- Support and direct pupils in domestic routines e.g. personal hygiene, meal times bedtime routines.
- To supervise the morning routines of residential pupils prior to class time and greet day pupils to the school.
- To work under the instruction/guidance of the Team Leader to undertake support programmes to enable access to learning for pupils and assist in the behaviour management of pupils. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- To practice with a high degree of competence, with the aim of reducing barriers to education and social interaction, leading to all pupils achieving their potential.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job
- Be directed by the Team Leader to assist with the particular support and direct supervision of pupils outside of class time and to assist with the particular support for pupils to maximise their access to learning.
- Promote good pupil behaviour, using a variety of intervention strategies, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy and Team Teach guidelines, and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of the pupils is of paramount importance at all times.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Act as a role model to pupils and set high expectations.
- Contribute and foster an open culture so that pupils feel they have a voice and that they are listened to in a non-judgemental manner.
- Undertake any administrative duties relevant and appropriate to this post, including recording and processing incidents and other matters of interest/concern promptly.
- Take responsibility for the effective and efficient delivery of the policies and procedures of Bramfield House School
- Act with courtesy and professionalism in all contact with pupils, their families and other agencies.
- Liaise with, and where necessary deputise for, the school nurse to ensure medication is given according to established procedures and ensuring records are properly kept.
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.