The Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands invites applications for the following education roles within the Government school system for 2019/20 academic years commencing early-August 2019
The Cayman Islands offers one of the highest standards of living in the Caribbean. It is a tax-free jurisdiction, with a friendly welcoming people, combining the very best of the relaxed Caribbean attitude and modern living. Its proximity to Miami also provides easy access to North America and the rest of the Caribbean.
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents. To assist with relocation, within the first week of arrival, the successful candidate will receive a settlement allowance equivalent to 1 month’s salary, moving expenses for personal belongings and hotel accommodation for 7 nights.
The PYP Coordinator will act as part of the pedagogical leadership team of the Primary Years Programme (PYP) in the school. The post holder will work collaboratively with the Principal to ensure the effective implementation of the Cayman Islands National Curriculum through the Primary Years Framework. The post holder will play a key role in enhancing student learning by supporting instructional effectiveness through facilitation of teacher planning, teacher collaboration; individual coaching; professional development, and assessment of programs.
Qualifications and experience include:
- A Bachelor’s degree plus teaching qualification (or equivalent). A Master’s degree or recognized professional qualification would be an asset
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience teaching the PYP. Experience and knowledge of curriculum design and development
- Understanding and knowledge of principles and practice of inclusion
- Experience in Senior Leadership-Coordinating meetings, providing training
- Evidence of continued relevant professional development, including significant IB training
- Experience in teaching learners with diverse needs
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs Please send your completed Government Application Form, Supplementary Form (teaching post only) and Cover Letter only via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: January 18th, 2019