Think International School
Think International School is an IB World School offering the PYP to students from 3-11 years of age, in Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Our mission is to provide a safe, supportive, child-centered, and challenging environment that uses an inquiry based approach to foster diversity and to develop knowledgeable and open-minded, courageous and caring life-long learners.
We aim at preparing children to become global citizens who believe in themselves, respect other people, and love nature and their countries. With international education, students acquire global vision.
Scope and Nature of the Position
The PYP Coordinator should have proven inquiry teaching ability and be able to act as a pedagogical leader of the programme in the school. A commitment to collaborative planning is central to the philosophy of the PYP. The PYP Coordinator has a pivotal role in this process and has to ensure that the standards for implementation are understood, and that the programme is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively.
The PYP Coordinator is responsible for the development of the programme and the whole school implementation of the programme. The PYP Coordinator should work collaboratively with all members of the teaching team and be involved in whole-school planning, as well as in-school and out-of-school professional development.
The PYP Coordinator must be able who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning within the PYP and experience as an effective PYP coordinator.
- Ensure all relevant IB communication is shared with all staff
- Enable all communication and collaboration among all staff involved in implementing the programme
- Conduct parent information sessions/workshops
- Publish articles pertaining to the programme in the Newsletter and BLOG
- Prepare and submit any documentation required for Evaluation
- Ensure all requirements and procedures set by the IB concerning the programme are adhered to
- Provide a liaison between the school and the IB
- Communicate to the wider community through a variety of media, including contact with colleagues and school visits
- Inform the pedagogical leadership team about progress being made in terms of implementation and development of the programme
- Organise induction of new staff to the PYP
- Make recommendations regarding training opportunities
- Keep a record of workshops and school visits in order to achieve equality of opportunity and identify ongoing needs
- Assist teams or individuals in developing units of inquiry
- In negotiation with the Principal, arrange to attend PYP workshops and keep up to date with new developments within the PYP
- Organise teacher support with planning, modeling and strategies in learning environments
- Stimulate, motivate and monitor the development of the PYP
- Observe and provide supervision in classrooms for the purpose of helping teachers to implement the principles and methodologies pertaining to the PYP
- Work with teachers to ensure that the inquiry approach is being used in all learning environments
- Facilitate and coordinate weekly teacher planning meetings and staff meetings
- Have oversight of the integration of digital technologies into the Teaching and Learning program
- Cover some primary classes when needed
- Supervise and support the Year 6 exhibition including the assigning of and monitoring the work of the mentors
- Facilitate student involvement in assemblies using PYP themes
- Publish the schools Programme of Inquiry
- Coordinate year level outcomes to ensure both vertical and horizontal articulation
- Maintain a record of completed planners electronically
- Lead the process of developing or reviewing the Campus’ scope and sequence documents according to the requirements
- Ensure that reporting formats reflect the PYP requirements
- Manage the PYP Action Plan
- Participate in the formation of the school’s strategic development plan.
Successful candidates will be offered:
- A fixed term up to 2 years contract with the option to extend on completion of the first term
- Competitive salary
If residing outside HK:
- Single air fare provided at beginning and end of employment to the country of residence if living outside HK
- Seven days hotel accommodation provided at start of contract if outside HK
- Working Visa
- Baggage allowance
Think International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Interviews will be held via Skype/in person if already in HK.
A current CV, including recent photograph and two professional references should also be included and emailed together with the letter of application of no more than two A4 sides to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org