ISA Wuhan is a member of the rapidly growing educational not-for-profit organization, ISA Education Group. Our campus will open in August 2022 with a projected enrolment of 600 students and approximately 80 teaching and administrative staff (international and local). Located in the beautiful, Chinese central city of Wuhan, our campus is laid out on 28 acres of prime land beside the famous Yangtze river. The campus will boast state-of-the-art facilities including an Olympic-sized swimming pool and two athletics tracks. The campus will also enjoy a multi-purpose sports building, outdoor pitches, tennis courts, a dedicated performing and visual arts centre, auditorium and lecture theatres. ISA prides itself in developing world-class accommodation facilities that will be used to full effect to ensure every student receives a meaningful holistic education. Students’ boarding facilities will be finished off to the highest standards. Teachers, if they chose, may stay in the VIP hotel apartments on site.
We promote international and bilingual/foreign language education in two separate schools on the same extensive campus. We also advocate personalized learning and the holistic development of each student. Our aim is to enable students to be admitted into leading universities around the world. Students will select a programme of world-class curricula such as A Levels, American/AP or IBDP. Through this, our graduates will become confident leaders, equipped with the skill-set to make a significant, lasting and positive influence in their community anywhere in the world. This leadership post will be concentrated in the international school for foreign personnel, which will be an IB school.
Wuhan has a rich culture of Chinese heritage and history. Its central location connects it effectively with the four corners of China, which lends itself well for travelling around this diverse and fascinating country. Wuhan is the common disembarkation point in the world-renowned ‘Three Gorges’ river cruise. Recently, this central city has developed a fine tradition for technological and industrial advancement (for example, with foreign automotive manufacturers committing vast resources to the area). The education sector has transformed itself into one of the leading centres of academic excellence both in primary/secondary schools and universities. Consequently, Wuhan has often been compared to Chinese Tier 1 cities in terms of its innovation and ambitious plans to take the economy and infrastructure to the next level. Known as the ‘Chicago of China’, Wuhan certainly lives up to its sobriquet with excellent amenities and a first-rate health system. In addition, with its low cost of living, renowned cuisine, vibrant entertainment scene and high quality of life, Wuhan is fast becoming the city of choice for people to work and live in.
- Design a curriculum within the IB PYP framework that embraces teaching and learning for pupils from aged 6 to 11 years.
- Work collaboratively within the school to support the school’s vision, mission and philosophy; support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an International school and assist the school in meeting its planning goals.
- Help promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for academic excellence.
- Maintain accurate written and/or electronic records of all aspects of the secondary program.
- Ensure that the school meets all programme regulations and deadlines.
- Plan and organize the effective delivery of PD for teachers.
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree and teacher's qualification.
- At least 8 years' full-time experience in mainstream education.
- High proficiency in English.
- Ability to integrate the teaching and management of the IB PYP programme with other curricula that the school might develop.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice.
- A passion for education and excellence; ability to inspire colleagues; to accept responsibility; show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IB PYP programme and of key developments, issues and trends in international education.
- Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation.
- Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds.
- Flexible, inclusive and pragmatic management style.
- High level interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Articulate and a strong communicator.
- Confident in meeting and communicating with others.
- Possess effective organisational skills, managing time efficiently meeting all deadlines.
Interested candidates may apply through TES here.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a face-to-face and/or online interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Head of School/Principal or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
ISA Wuhan International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Opening in mid-2022, ISA Wuhan International School will provide an international (IB) curriculum to students holding foreign passports. The school will offer boarding in order to provide an education option to families across the greater Wuhan metro...