The successful candidate will need to have a diverse range of qualities, competencies, and experience:
- genuine respect and care for each individual student
- strong collaboration with colleagues and partnerships with parents
- flexibility and sense of initiative
- a whole school community mindset of 'it takes a village to raise a child'
- familiarity with ISR's mission statement and readiness to embody each key phrase
- confidence in working with diverse students, differentiating and supporting individual needs
- proactive involvement in the school community beyond teaching responsibilities
- readiness to learn about and embrace ISR's 'Latvian Heart'
- experience with PYP teaching
- strong background in literacy and/or maths teaching
A teacher of PYP should be an inspirational, passionate and adaptable educator with the ability to deliver an inquiry-based, trans-disciplinary programme.
He/She should be an outstanding teacher, motivator, learner, and communicator, with excellent interpersonal skills, and should be capable of preparing students for international programmes in a stimulating, challenging and well-organized learning environment.
He/She should be able to provide professional expertise, high-quality teaching, and learning, make effective use of resources and ensure improved standards of learning and achievement for all students.