Vision for Education's Permanent Recruitment Team are delighted to be working with a highly reputable private organisation who believe that everyone should have the opportunity to live a healthy, active and fulfilling life, regardless of their background or disability. The aim of their service is to provide a safe and stimulating environment for adults and young people.
The company's overall aim is to become the leading provider of learning disability services , physical disability services , children’s services , education services , mental health and autism services.
As Quality Manager, the core elements of this role are to ensure that their education and children's services meet and exceed regulatory, statutory, and organisational standards, through robust quality assurance systems.
This role will be home-based but you will be required to support their schools and homes in the southern regions of the UK.
You will work in collaboration with the Registered Manager's, Principals/Heads and senior teams and report into the Group Head of Quality. You will be responsible for ensuring they are familiar with the correct and current regulatory national standards in relation to each service, overseeing progress on regulatory recommendations and requirements to ensure each service is working to the highest standards.
Applicants must have:
- Substantial experience within the social care sector, including residential child care
- Full working knowledge of current statutory and regulatory guidelines governing the operation of services for children and young people
- Experience of working with Local Authority and regulatory personnel
- Establish and cultivate meaningful interpersonal relationships. Able to communicate effectively at all levels and in all forms
- Experience of working to a high specification to improve and maintain quality
- Able to provide sound, up to date knowledge and specialist advice on children’s services and legislation
- A full UK driving licence as travel is essential for this role
The core responsibilities of the role of Quality Manager:
- To identify and build on current best practice to provide concise and up to date advice to Service Managers, Principals/Heads and their teams.
- To embed and be a verifier to the principles and practices of quality assurance framework
- Support the roll out of systems and processes across the group to enable identification of areas of development and embed the development of these systems
- To provide an audit role of compliance with standard operating policies and procedures.
- To attend quarterly meetings with Senior Management Teams and provide written reports on work in progress
- To assist senior managers with severely under-performing services identified following internal quality inspections or regulatory inspections
- To undertake thorough investigations into complex care related complaints and support the senior operational managers by identifying problem areas and make recommendations for improvement
The company offer comprehensive induction training and direct support from line management and the wider infrastructure. This is a full-time position with a very competitive salary of £40,000 per annum, plus a £3,000 car allowance.
Vision For Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
How to Apply
If you would like more information about the role contact Tracy Harrison by sending your CV across to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on 0191 267 6555.
Vision for Education Ltd - Permanent Recruitment Service
Home Based, with travel in the UK
- Supply agency