“Thank you to all our candidates who had submitted applications in our initial advert, due to unforeseen circumstances the position had to be re-advertised and as LICS we look forward to welcoming our new candidate who will take on this role and contribute to our overall growth.”
In line with the above, are you an inspirational educational leader eager to take a growing and vibrant Secondary School through its next exciting phase as you help shape and lead its strategic direction?
As part of a strong Executive Team in a supportive and dynamic international school environment, you will lead our current 179 strong Secondary School towards its capacity of around 275 students.
Lusaka International Community School will appoint for August 2021, with a 3-year commitment and a possibility of renewing for a further 3 years, an exceptional Secondary School Principal to significantly develop and advance the programmes and standing of our school.
The successful candidate will be a committed, engaging and innovative educational leader, strongly identifying with and articulating the school’s mission and objectives. The ideal candidate will lead by example and be a respected school ambassador with a strong commitment to the strategic planning and operational management of the whole school as part of the Executive Leadership Team.
Founded in 1993, LICS is a dynamic international teaching and learning environment; a CIE (Cambridge Assessment International Education) school providing for Checkpoint, IGCSE, AS and AL assessments. LICS, a CIS fully accredited school and committed to achieving re-accreditation in the next 3 months, is situated in the leafy suburb of Roma in Lusaka, the capital of beautiful Zambia.
1. Job Purpose
• Lead, develop and manage the Secondary School of LICS in an inspired, motivated and dynamic way.
• Strive for optimal academic performance from each student by maintaining teaching standards and quality in staff.
• Provide and nurturing, caring and supportive environment.
• Drive participation in and support for the sporting, arts and broader co‐curricular programme and ensure effective functioning within the school day.
• Raise participation in and support the Educational Outreach and Community Service efforts of the school.
• Lead the pastoral care team and have an overall knowledge of the needs of all students.
• Develop and grow the Secondary School and A-Level programme into the school of choice for LICS primary and external students.
2. Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree and postgraduate professional qualification
• A breadth and depth of school leadership experience
• Experience in international education
• Min 3-5 years’ experience as Secondary Principal in an international school
• Proven leadership skills in managing a school in all academic, HR and financial aspects
• Proven track record in driving the development of a Secondary school based on the latest international developments and the strategic development of the school.
3 Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an internationally-minded global citizen
• Hold a higher qualification in Educational Leadership or management
• Show evidence of continuing professional development
• Have previously held a senior leadership position in an international school environment preferably as Vice‐Principal or Principal
• Have experience and operational knowledge of a range of international curricula
• Be experienced in financial management and planning strategies
• Have hands-on experience in leading schools through accreditation processes
• Be an excellent team player
Lead, develop, and manage the Secondary School of LICS in an inspired, motivated, and dynamic way. Strive for optimal academic performance from each student by maintaining teaching standards and quality in staff
• Be sensitive and caring
• Be enthused by diverse international communities
Lusaka International Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate's appointment will be subject to full security vetting.
Lusaka International Community School (LICS)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 18 years
LICS, (Lusaka International Community School), is a dynamic international teaching and learning Pre-K through to A Level School. As a CIE school (Cambridge Assessment International Education), we offer Checkpoint at Year 6 & 9, IGCSE, AS ...