Who are we?
At Polam Independent Pre-Prep our aim is to inspire, encourage a spirit of enquiry and exploration and to provide an exciting, stimulating and safe environment in which to learn. We do this in a home from home setting, with exceptionally small class sizes and dedicated teaching staff who have in depth knowledge of each individual child.
As part of Cognita Schools Group, a global leader in independent education, we are provided with excellent professional development, outstanding networking and career opportunities. The diverse scope of schools and people within Cognita provide you with a network of like-minded peers to discuss key issues and share best practice.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will:
• Above all, and in all things, show a clear commitment to teaching excellence
• Teach highly motivating and engaging lessons that inspire our pupils to make better than expected progress
• Create a fully inclusive classroom environment ensuring outstanding outcomes for all
• Be an effective team player who can work collaboratively with a small and passionate team
• Be committed to working closely with parents and other stakeholders
What we offer:
• Small class sizes of respectable and well-motivated pupils
• Outstanding networking and CPD opportunities
• A dedicated, friendly and inspirational team
• Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
• A commitment to remaining in the Teacher Pension Scheme
• A number of initiatives focused on the wellbeing of our staff including:
o Inclusive paid lunches
o School fee discounts
o Access to Cognita Care First- a leading independent provider of employee support services offering professionally qualified counsellors and information specialists
o Membership of ‘My Staff Shop’ -an opportunity to save money at high street shops
o Increased holiday allowance in comparison to state regulated schools
Tours of school are highly recommended and will be carried out in a COVID safe manner
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 1 - 9 years