As the school expands, we need to appoint an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to contribute to the teaching in our Nursery School, currently based near the Arc de Triumf in central Bucharest, but with plans to move to the Greenfield site in the next few years. Ideally you would be able to join our team as soon as possible, as we have identified a need which supports our staff restructuring program. Applicants should be qualified Nursery/KS1 teachers and NQT’s are welcome to apply. Our Nursery department of twenty one teaching colleagues, as well club teachers, and seven distinct groups of children. The Nursery offers great opportunities for professional development.
We would welcome applicants who will fulfil the following professional characteristics:
- Reception and Year 1 Teacher with availability from December 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter;
- Be near-native or native level speakers of English;
- Be qualified in the Romanian or British system to teach the Age range 4 to 6;
- Have two year relevant experience, but we may be able to accommodate less experienced colleagues through a period of induction;
- Ideally some experience of working in an English medium school or Nursery would be a distinct advantage;
- Be able to motivate and challenge children by co-creating a stimulating learning experience to include assessment, ICT and interactive well-planned learning experiences;
- Be motivated to develop schemes and ensure that the child is central to everything we do in Nursery;
- Inspire trust and confidence in children, parents and colleagues;
- Promote the wider aspirations and values of Avenor College.
We value the following Personal Characteristics and would hope you might be able to demonstrate these:
- People oriented - building positive relationships; good team player and good team builder; excellent listener; fair and consistent;
- Positive outlook - in all respects a good role model who will lead by example;
- A high level of cultural sensitivity and the ability to treat all staff/students/parents equally regardless of nationality or background;
- Capacity for hard work; organised and prepared; a high degree of resilience;
- Healthy lifestyle;
- Interest and constant practice in their own personal development;
- Constant learner.
- A Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Continuing professional development opportunities;
- A great team spirit;
- A wonderful well equipped friendly environment in which to work, with a motivated team;
THE NURSERY DEPARTMENT
We teach a broad and balanced curriculum in our school following EYFS (Nursery), National Curriculum in England (for Year 1), and the Cambridge Learning ladder. In Reception and Year 1, the children experience full English language immersion and as they progress through the primary and middle school language acquisition program, we aim to have all students at B1/B2 level by the end of middle school.
As a teacher in our Nursery school, you would be expected to be able to motivate through differentiation all our children, as well as being a positive role model for your colleagues.
For more information about the school generally, please take a good look at the Avenor College website: http://www.avenor.ro
- Please send your complete resume/CV, with a good-quality, recent head-and-shoulders photo to email@example.com;
- Include a covering letter explaining your strengths, your reasons for wanting to work at Avenor Nursery (Reception or Year 1) and a short statement outlining your educational beliefs;
- Additionally ensure that your CV includes the names of at least three referees with their current phone numbers and email addresses.
Please be aware we take very seriously our duty of care towards all our students; as part of our safeguarding procedures we will undertake rigorous checks with referees, as well as requiring you to provide current police checks.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose.
All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for 6 months.