Hamford Primary Academy is a vibrant school within Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) that is developing a curriculum relevant for the 21st century. Over the last four years the academy has undergone a significant transformation with a learning community grounded in our core framework (vision, mission, values and colleague pledges). In addition we place great emphasis on developing children’s character in order to prepare them for the challenges that lie ahead in both their education and life. As a result, the six Hamford characteristics of be responsible, be curious, be resilient, have integrity, be compassionate and be reflective, are explicitly taught and embedded through the assemblies and learning opportunities provided across the curriculum.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher to join our team and make a positive difference to the lives of our learners!
We pride ourselves on challenging teachers to exceed their potential through effective professional development based on self reflection and self directed learning and active research. Central to this is our teaching and learning blog https://hamfordteachingandlearningblog.wordpress.com/.
The successful candidate will:
- Share our core framework and characteristics outlined above
- Be innovative, passionate and determined when implementing the school curriculum
- Be an excellent practitioner who is determined to engage and challenge the children with whom they work
- Have an excellent understanding of the Early Years and Key Stage 1 curriculum
- Have a passion for learning and high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Be a strong team member who will work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
- Be reflective and take responsibility for their own professional development
- A caring academy with a strong ethos of inclusion and providing the best opportunities for our children
- A professional challenge
- The chance to make a significant contribution to the future achievement and success of our academy
- Our commitment to your professional development
Prospective candidates are very welcome to visit or have an informal discussion about this role. Please email Kevin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone on 01255 673415.
AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, pension scheme and childcare vouchers.
This position is required September 2018. Interviews are scheduled to take place as and when convenient.
Closing date: Friday 29 June 2018.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'quick apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.