Based at the Easton LEAP provision, this role is varied and demanding and you must be prepared to be flexible, responsive, tactful and respectful in a busy working environment.
All support staff are part of a whole Trust team. They are required to support the values and ethos of the Trust. This will mean focusing on the needs of the young people, staff, parents/ carers and Trustees of the Trust and being flexible whilst prioritising workload and meeting deadlines in a busy pressurised environment.
As part of Learn@ MAT, St Matthias Academy specialises in working with young people who have been or are at risk of exclusion from mainstream education. The Trust offers a range of provision including day Academy and residential Academy places, short-break care and Alternative Education courses. It has a range of specialised Academies including a new “state of the art” purpose-built Academy in South Bristol; centrally based well-established sites in Central and East Bristol; and a charming country residential site in rural Wiltshire.
The successful applicant will be joining a small friendly team at St Matthias Academy based primarily at the Easton site.
The Receptionist/Administrator will provide:
• To be the first point of contact for all visitors and callers which will contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Provision and ensuring safeguarding polices are adhered to
• To provide administrative support to St Matthias Academy
• To respond to a range of routine and more complex face to face, written and telephone enquiries either directly where appropriate or by referral to relevant colleague, effectively monitoring telephone and email messages and forwarding to the relevant member of staff
• To arrange and monitor transport arrangements for the students, to include booking and cancelling taxi journeys and arranging bus passes
• Efficiently maintain student attendance for St Matthias Academy, to include completion of registers on SIMS and phone calls home for students not attending
• Maintain the filing system for prompt retrieval of information
• Maintain and update spreadsheets and databases and other applications for prompt retrieval of information and to ensure all systems are kept up to date and within statutory time scales
• Produce and assist in collating information as required for written documents as requested by the Senior Leadership Team, to include letters, reports, emails, schedules and newsletters
• Deal sensitively and effectively with child protection matters
• Undertake general offices duties, to include the opening and sorting of post, filing and photocopying
St Matthias Academy
Bristol, City of
- Alternative provision with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years