About the role: Are you a conscientious and hard-working individual? Do you work with a high level of professionalism in everything that you do? Are you keen to join a highly successful and inspirational academy?
Strood Academy have a truly exciting opportunity to appoint a Receptionist/Administrator who will join us as soon as possible.
As Receptionist/Administrator, you will be the ‘face’ of Strood Academy – you’ll be the first point of contact for students and visitors. Applicants should be professional, personable and committed to providing an excellent service on behalf of the academy, and above all else our appointed candidate will have a positive work ethic and can-do attitude. Our ideal candidate will have excellent organisational and planning skills, an outstanding attention to detail, the ability to work on own initiative with a high level of commitment and enthusiasm. Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and G suite is also desirable. The role of Receptionist/Administrator is a busy one, and duties carried out by the successful candidate include parentmail, use of brocom messaging, inventory and general office administrative tasks.
This is a 37 hours per week, permanent position and offering a salary of £18,933 - £21,748 based on the successful candidates experience.
Working for Strood Academy: Since opening in 2009, our academy has transformed the educational opportunities and outcomes for girls and boys in Strood. The improvement in academic performance has been driven by a talented and committed workforce, the hard work of our students, and support from parents and our community. Our new buildings in Carnation Road were designed in partnership with Nicholas Hare and built by BAM as our main contractor at a cost of £26m. They opened in September 2012 and have outstanding learning environments and outside play areas as well as fantastic sports facilities. The buildings reflect our education vision of creating a mature and purposeful educational environment where children of all abilities can learn and thrive.
Our core value is “Building ambition; inspiring pride” and our purpose at Strood Academy is to:
- nurture students’ aspirations and build resilience within an environment of tolerance, respect and empathy;
- shape leaders within a global community;
- develop and celebrate knowledgeable and inquiring minds to promote lifelong learning and;
- help young people develop into well educated, considerate and caring citizens.
We have a growing roll call of 1400 children, including 200 in Sixth Form. Working in our academy takes a lot of dedication and hard work, but for the right individuals, it can be an incredibly rewarding experience and contribute significantly to personal and professional development.
Why work at Strood Academy?
- Centralised behaviour system and detentions - simple for teachers to follow allowing disruptive free classrooms.
- Our commitment to the development of all staff - CPD on Wednesday afternoons and the opportunity to collaborate with staff from other schools in the LAT. Also all staff at Strood receive regular coaching feedback through our on-line platform on-track.
- Strood academy is easily accessible by A2 and the high speed train can allow for travel into London in less than 30 minutes.
- We have a common sense approach to workload. All teachers are expected to feedback or live mark. We also work closely as a Trust allowing for centralised resources to be shared across our secondary schools.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust will comprise 32 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider. Click here to view our future plans in our Vision 2025 document.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Leigh Academies Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. This is for all senior, teaching and support staff appointments. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interview activities will vary. If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch with the LAT Talent Team - firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Leigh Academies Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
Strood Academy is a mixed, comprehensive, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form situated in the town of Strood in the Kent area. It is a sponsor-led academy supported by a multi-academy trust called Leigh Academies Trust and sponsored b...