Rated Good by Ofsted, Saint Francis Xavier Catholic Sixth Form College is a dynamic and ambitious college, one of the closest Sixth Form Colleges to both the City of London and Parliament. We thrive on our many engagements and connections with higher education, with employers and with external agencies and we relish the challenge of working out how best to equip our young people to compete and flourish in the future. The College achieves excellent standards and is proud to support many young people from non-traditional backgrounds to successful progression to higher education and to employment.
Student Services Receptionist and Administrator
Start date: ASAP
35 hours per week, all year round
Salary £22,639 per annum (inclusive of Inner London Weighting Allowance)
We have a vacancy for an energetic and enthusiastic Receptionist and Administrator to join our Integrated Student Services Department. You will be the first point of contact in person on reception, on the telephone or on the security desk in the main foyer of the College.
The successful candidate will ideally have had prior experience in a similar role and should have the ability to word process accurately and be confident in the use of Microsoft Office Suite packages and Internet. They will have excellent written and oral communications skills, be numerate and able to work efficiently and accurately with initiative.
This position is part of the Integrated Student Services (ISS) Department. SFX Support Staff work flexibly in liaison with each other to ensure an outstanding service is provided to the students and teaching staff. As a member of the ISS Department, you will work as part of a cohesive team and will be asked (and trained) to assist your fellow team members with their duties particularly at busy times or when the needs of the college calendar or staff absence dictate.
Main duties include:
- To work within the ISS Department team leading on Reception duties.
- To work within a rota system to ensure coverage of the area during opening hours in liaison with the ISS Operations Manager.
- To undertake reception duties, deal with staff, students, visitors and all stakeholders at first point of contact either in person or on the telephone. This includes dealing with queries for any of the strands of the Department (General Administration, Bursary and Examinations) or referring to the appropriate person for more complex queries.
- To update college information screens on a daily basis.
- To update student records and electronic registers as required.
- To be responsible for the College’s outgoing and incoming post with assistance from other ISS team members.
- Word processing as required, including student letters and references, as directed by the ISS Operations Manager or Deputy.
- Minute taking as required.
- To work with the team in emergency situations e.g. Fire Alarm, First Aid in a calm and professional manner and in accordance with specific instructions as set out in the Health and Safety Policy
- To have an awareness of, and commitment to, the College’s policies on Health and Safety, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Prevent and Safeguarding.
- To support the Ethos and Values of St. Francis Xavier College.
- Any other duties within the remit of the post as may be required.
Benefits include excellent training opportunities, free use of our state of the art gym, cycle to work scheme , free sight test and an on-site nursery in a supportive community environment, 2 minutes’ walk from Clapham South Underground Station.
The closing date for receipt of application forms is Sunday 27 October 2019
Interviews are scheduled to be held in the week beginning 4 November 2019
In promoting equal opportunities, we welcome applications from all sections of the community. All disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria will be shortlisted for interview.
SFX is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of young people. Successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Education through a Christian Community