Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form is currently looking to appoint a Receptionist and Attendance Officer to join its thriving sixth form community.
Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form is a unique new sixth form, established to provide an outstanding vocational education and preparation for skills-based work or transition to university for students in Croydon and the surrounding boroughs.
Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form caters for students who may not suit the traditional pathways at post-16. With small class sizes and strong pastoral support, we offer excellent, focused vocational options as well as the opportunity to take or resit GCSEs that you need to progress further – whether you choose to progress into a career or higher education.
Our new academy will offer a choice of construction, manufacturing, business or media for students choosing a vocational pathway, and a curriculum that will challenge and inspire you to develop the skills and confidence you need to compete successfully for jobs in your chosen vocation.
Croydon, like much of London and the South East, is undergoing a huge programme of construction and regeneration with the potential to benefit the area for generations to come. With a focus on hard skills and employability, Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form will help you develop the skills you need to be who you want to be – and be part of that success.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As Receptionist and Attendance Officer, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting ALG in the Management and Development of attendance and punctuality policies;
- Daily administration, monitoring and follow-up of attendance and punctuality;
- Participating on late desk and follow up detentions to be issued for those students late to the Academy;
- Contacting parents/ carers of students absent at agreed time and record reasons for absence if given;
- Daily monitoring and early calls regarding the attendance of children in care or students on the vulnerable list;
- Making home visits with the Academy Attendance & Welfare Officer as required;
- Sending letters to parents regarding attendance as requested by the Academy Attendance & Welfare Officer
- Ensuring the smooth and accurate operation of the computerised registration system;
- Preparing and distributing attendance and punctuality certificates as part of the Academy's reward policy;
- Following up on poor attendance or punctuality and organising attendance panel meetings;
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with referrals on attendance concerns from faculties;
- To alert the appropriate staff to problems experienced by students and to make recommendations as to how these may be resolved;
- Communicating with the parents of students and with persons or bodies outside the Academy as appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications to degree standard or equivalent
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft software, in particular Excel
- Knowledge of attendance policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the range of agencies that work with students and their families
- Basic knowledge of first aid; e.g. emergency first aid course
- Knowledge of a range of attendance codes and when cthey can be used
- Knowledge of many of the social issues facing students from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Three years’ experience of working in an inner-city school or educational establishment
- Experience of meeting with parents/carers formally and informally
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of working with young people, including those with challenging behaviour
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form
- Further Education
Harris Professional Skills Sixth Form is opening in September 2018 and will provide an outstanding vocational education and preparation for skills based work or transition to university for students in Croydon and those from surrounding boroughs. Thi...