Are you self-motivated, organised and have excellent communication skills?
Do you have demonstrable work experience in an office environment?
Would you like to work in a vibrant and successful Academy alongside lovely colleagues?
If you have answered yes to these questions, The Chalk Hills Academy would love to hear from you!
The Chalk Hills Academy have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and confident team player to join our administrative team! We are looking to recruit someone who will provide clerical and administrative support to our Academy and be responsible for staffing our main reception and switchboard. The successful candidate will respond to any queries from parents, students and visitors and will pass messages/calls to colleagues effectively and efficiently.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1 year demonstrable administrative work experience in an office environment
- Have demonstrable experience of using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and IT packages
- Hold an efficient telephone manner and be polite, patient, flexible and helpful
- Be able to multi-task and use their initiative within defined procedures
- Be able to manage own workload and meet deadline which may at times be competing
- Be educated to GCSE Level or have equivalent experience
- Represent our Academy to high standard when dealing with all colleagues, parents, students and senior management
- Be able to adjust tasks and activities at short notice depending on the changing demands and priorities during the work periods.
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Salary: L2 - £17,072
- Job Role: Full time (52 weeks), Permanent
- Hours: 37 hours, 8am till 4pm
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
- £30 million state of the art building in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning
- Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
- Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The purposeful and caring leadership of the Principal and SLT have created a strong academy identity and a positive ethos shared by all members of the community. The strength of leadership is recognised without exception by the academy’s staff. Students’ behaviour is good, the atmosphere in lessons is calm and studious and attitudes to learning are routinely positive as students want to learn. Students are hugely proud of their academy, they wear their blazers and ties smartly, do not drop litter and look after the modern, purpose-built site impeccably. They stand without instruction when any adult enters a classroom.”
Closing Date: Friday 16th February at 12pm Interviews: Thursday 22nd February 2018
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today - We look forward to hearing from you!
Please refer to our job description and person specification in your application as this acts as our selection criteria and is the basis of our interview shortlisting.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.